Saturday, March 15, 2014

Women of the Walls...


 Rahel's Tomb” my 'eternal' abode
There is eternal silence, so I hoped
Yes, there is silence, pure and innocent
Yet, I am disturbed by the silent
whispers outside my tent
I finally broke the walls of my house
when the whispers turned cries and screams
Now I stand outside my broken walls
Surprised to stand in-between two yeoman walls

On my left, I see a huge wall
Men standing, very small
I long to touch the mighty stones
to read the stories of my ancestors
I see my sisters longing too
to feel the divine from the close
Prohibited! I am terribly shocked!
My sisters are prohibited in their own land
to see the mighty presence of their own God!

I now turn to the other side
to find my sisters on the country yard
I see another mighty wall
Prohibited! I am terribly troubled!
I am prohibited of meeting my friend!
Oh, how dearly I long to dance with her...
I dreamed long to sing with her...
But we are prohibited to meet each other!

Yet, I hear their shouts to touch the wall
And I hear their screams to break the wall
But they stand helpless, just like me
I am dead and buried next to their bodies
And they are buried alive next to my body
My spirit joins them singing and dancing
standing next to the separating wall
My soul joins their chorus shouting and protesting
leaning towards the temple wall

Oh, how dearly I long to see
the day we're finally free
No wall might prohibit us
from standing before divine refuge...